Tuesday 30 January 2007

FINE TIME


Today the weather was magnificent, the sun shone on the sea as I watched a squadron of mine sweapers arrive into the bay of Saint-Malo in indian file, they were dwarfed by the huge white bulk of the Pont-Even, the flag-ship of Brittany Ferries, as she sailed towords the U.K. The sea was billiard table flat with hardly a breath of air pushing tiny wavelets towards the sandy shore. As I walked around the ramparts I reflected on my week in Ireland and how different the two countries are. On the inward journey as I came closer to Irelands green shores I felt more and more Breton/French.
On the way home to my family and friends here in Saint-Malo I became more and more certain of my Irishness.

The painting herewith is the replica of Endevour, captain Cooks ship, which was in port here sometime ago. It is a watercolour and has a matching view of the ship from the stern.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: