Sunday 20 May 2007

SUNDAY MORNING


I wish I could say it's a beautiful Sunday morning but ... there you go. It is, shall we say, GREY but look on the bright side, it's not raining, yet...


I often say to people, -if you don't like the weather here, like in Ireland, just wait 10 mins. The sun is always shinning it's just the clouds are in the way.


At mass this morning, yes, I go... the second reading from St. John apocalypse has a sentence interesting in the extreme, 22 17, The Spirit and the Bride, L'Esprit et L'Epouse disent...

The old argument about God's sex comes to mind. God as the beloved, the wife, The father and why not the mother,the lover, the partner, the confident, the best pal. How far removed from the authoritarian,vengeful old fellow sitting up in the heavens with the white beard ready to squash the life out of us if we don't do what we're told I like the feeling of intimicy that this notion gives me. What do you think?????


A friend of mine has a blog called The Sanguine Fan, have a decco as we say in Dublin, or a look if you'd prefer.


No comments: